Thursday, May 16, 2013

Each day by day

Memories of golden hue,
Give to me what is my due.
Open far gone time and space,
Make a rhyme and save this place.
Share with me the secret phrase,
To overcome times well worn haze.
Strengthen my resolve when I
Become worn out and question why
Life has become a misery.
Set me on fire, set me free!

Discipline, O fire brand,
Take me fast, and by thy hand
Lay low fearful anxiety;
Make strong the sea of memory.
Open up the path of thought
By giving memory a shot
That time and space be well kept.
Women and men have surely wept
To see in dreams what you have made;
For you are memory's sure aid.

Prayer found within the heart
Give to discipline a start
By which it may rock and jolt to life
And overcome tearful strife.
Make sure the path for memory
And by desire set it free
For man's well beaten paths untold
Made sure when man becomes well bold
And offers up a prayer of desire
By which the spark becomes a fire!

Will of certainty not doubt,
By which all is carried out,
You cannot be ignored at all
Whether my act is good or doth appall
Choose wisely which prayer to take
And so a path of discipline make
That gives the memory sweet taste
And makes ones actions not a waste
Lead me onward, further up and in
Find the wise choice in what has been. 

Friends of many tribe and tongue,
Of race and family, old and young
Stir up in me the will to act
And make with me a lasting pact.
Say what you will and will what you say
But be not for me life's strife filled way.
Open to me your heart and soul
And bid my memories be whole.
Be for me when I cannot stand
My discipline and fire brand.

Forget not what has been I pray,
Lest discipline should loose its way,
And will be weakened by the loss,
And memory recount the cost,
And prayer become a stale act,
A broken record recounting facts.
Remember by an act of grace
This place in time and in space.
Maybe then in this way we may
Carry on our lives each day, by day.

                   Each day by day (c) Luke Bennette, May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment