Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cross the Line

I see you eying that chocolate now,
Just waiting, biding your time, you take a bow;
When his back is turned and he's not looking,
You take your time rather than booking.
Yet what if I told you that I'd tell him
What it is that you are doing behind his back?
Do you think that you can cross, you can swim
This ocean of authority, this track?
You see a quick and easy prey,
I say a reason that you should pray.
Cause it doesn't matter what you've gained by it.
What matters if what you've lost.
And you may think you've exercised your wit,
But all I see is what it cost. 
So don't mind me, I'm just passing through,
I see a man, a man's who will get his due.
You may start out now with chocolate eclairs,
But eventually you'll find you're falling down the stairs.
Doesn't matter what you thought you were doing,
What matters is what you've done, what you're eschewing. 

                  Cross the Line, (c) Luke Bennette, June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment