Friday, May 18, 2012

One for Two

You told me to run and to hide my face
Away from this place of awful disgrace!
I told you I'd rather die in the reaches of space
Than to hide my face from God's blessed grace!
It seems to you that one is not one,
And that two takes the place of one.
But it seems to me that you have now done
For two with one, and you have not won
The proper sum by your actions now;
So you shall fail, your knees shall bow
To the inevitable sum of all things
That says what is, is, and it brings
With it a unique style, a unique way,
Just as night is as different from day.
So do not tell me to run and hide from God,
Who I deeply desire to love and to laud!
It seems you've mistaken one face for another,
Your enemy wears the mask of your brother...

                           One for Two, (c) Luke Bennette, May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment