Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dribble and Laughter

Smitten by hurricane of such laughter
That does patrol the borders of our state,
I do hurry myself to the border
And clothe myself in three shades of hate. The
First is jealousy, made keen by my heart;
For never getting what is owed does smart.
Second is envy, which causes quite a
Lot of fuss; for it suspends opposing play.
Third is wrath, a most dreadful bugger he,
That is like a parasitic mugger,
Who catches you unaware and sticks thee
Full of iron, metal shot, drugger licks
So powerful that you won't get back up!
So now on the border I wait in ruts
Made by throbbing mens laughter, broken guts!
So is it enough to oppose your foe
With the opposite of a broken toe?
I doubt you'll agree, I for one should know.

                                  Dribble and Laughter, (c) Luke Bennette, April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment