Monday, April 9, 2012

Manifest Reason

If thoughts are translated to words and then
Given over to the creation they
Adorn, then you are by far the greatest
Treasure ever born by the worlds late stem!
For what are you but the offspring of spring
That did blossom over late in June? Sing
Out such song that I may hear the succor
Of summer's youth, and then may worse fate
Still come upon me for I am uncooth.
Yet I have heard the sound of what is to come,
And lesser men have longed for what I've won.
So thoughts be still in my mind as I look
Upon what greater men do find in books.
So do I find in your words the season's
Made manifest in you by men's reasons.

                                                                  Manifest Reason, (c) Luke Bennette, April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment