Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fad of Time

4) c) Walk through the woods with me to find some peace
Of mind, true love's hooded mantle that leases
Perches for two doves should provide ample
Growth of leaves, cover for our heads, and dull
Rug's for weary feet. Dismantle such woes
Aloof within your soul, surrender those
Soothsayer's words which sunder you from me;
So loose control freely and then be free.
Yet still you roll your eyes when seeing me,
Betting that old prophesies may soon be
Should you give in to your love for me. For
Could true living sift through gloves parted wide,
 I'd have spirited, lifted you above
The fad of this time that keeps us apart.

                                                                       Fad of Time, (c) Luke Bennette, April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment