Sunday, April 8, 2012

Faithless

Standing beside you I glow with hidden
Love that is caused by your radiance; then
A shadow crosses over my thought, fen's
Of shallow water reeks havoc in a
Once lush habitat, and feeds the tender
Soil with most rank and foul disease.
So has my thought of love been overcome
By the thought that though we stand side by side
We know nothing of one another; pride
Keeps the door to our hearts shut, slides the lock
Into place, seals the gateway of our lips
So that not a whisper of truth may slip past.
So like the ocean separates our minds
Do we now ponder the hidden meanings
Within the words that we speak, clinging to
The faith that each places in the others ring;
So we'd sooner die for the other, sing
Joyfully for love, than to be torn asunder.
Yet still in my heart I wonder that you
Are not me, and still I wish that I knew.

                                                             Faithless, (c) Luke Bennette, April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment