Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Love's Reflection

2) b) Full of emotion, untapped as of yet
By man's hand, trapped in passing circles of
Mist; such mist of desires, fleeting hopes,
Flick of the wrist, turn my eyes to meet yours.
Would you desist burning schemes of sweet love?
For though you press in upon me, eager
To know of my blessings fond gift, beakers
Of ale in tavern halls are more swiftly
Drunk by Drunkards hollering at the door;
Monks have better discourse, chat the more
By staying their celibate course than you.
For you would pair with me for your hopes, dreams
Of Loving labor's hands. But what of me?
Thus, with but a question, have I called your
Bluff. Mists of love's reflection not enough.  

                                             Love's Reflection, (c) Luke Bennette, April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment