Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shade of Sooth

9) c) Truth thrice removed! Some truth is there in this,
That art, with but the shade of soothsaying,
Imparts upon minds but a trace, a hiss
Of the fullness spoken, as is found in voices
That but paint the mind. Yet would I not by
Such a saintly sign as your picture, hoist
My sails, travel over raging seas, to
Have a single look on thy love set frame?
For words alone cannot achieve what I
Have felt in the bosom of my hearts sigh!
Although but a trace of you may be found
Herein this picture, this imitation
Of perfection, Rose among mere flowers,
It is enough that I should look upon;
For what I see shall bring me soon. Anon!  

                                                            Shade of Sooth, (c) Luke Bennette, April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment